About Me

My photo
North West, United Kingdom
I am keen crafter, with a particular fondness for pearls and all things shiny and a dream that one day I might just own that little shop I've always wanted to run. I am forever making something whether it's some cards, jewellery or something knitted... the devil makes work for idle hands, but mine are rarely idle!

Monday, 19 October 2009

Nesting

After wishing that my nesting came out in cleaning rather than knitting, it would appear that I was granted my wish. I was so tetchy as the weekend drew close to get things ready for baby and after a few hormonal outbursts, my husband finally realised that he'd better help. So, he hauled the changing table to our room and looked after our little toddler, leaving me free to nest away. I nested good and proper yesterday - stripped the car seat and moses basket covers, washed them and have now put them back on, folded all the washed baby clothes and stacked them neatly on the changing table shelves, loaded a basket up with teeny tiny nappies, wipes and other essentials, cleaned our bedroom and ensuite (where Jack was born, not that I'm necessarily intending to give birth in there again!).

I've continued with nesting today - more cleaning and am sewing up all the knitting projects I've done, but not bothered to sew up. I have a lovely baby cardigan to sew up which really should be done as baby will be here in a matter of weeks, if not sooner! But, in the meantime I shall continue knitting my current projects that are on my needles and sewing up the various things I've out off sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment