About Me

My photo
North West, United Kingdom
I am keen crafter, with a particular fondness for pearls and all things shiny and a dream that one day I might just own that little shop I've always wanted to run. I am forever making something whether it's some cards, jewellery or something knitted... the devil makes work for idle hands, but mine are rarely idle!

Friday, 14 August 2009

Glazey Days


Yesterday my friend and our 2 little ones had a lovely afternoon out. We decided to take our babies (although at 1yrs, my baby is more a toddler now!) to have their footprints immortalised onto plates. We had found a ceramic studio in Fleetwood called Glazey Days that does this. Unbelievably, Jack managed to sleep through the whole experience, rousing just the once to have a quick glance round and then returning to sleep - how he didn't wake up properly whilst he was having his feet painted with a paint brush I just don't know! I can't wait for our plates to be fired and ready for collection next week.

Glazey Days is open Tues-Sun - to double check opening times call 07530 237889. You can paint various items, have your little one's feet or hands cast (requires pre-booking) or print their footprints or handprints. There is also some lovely jewellery made using handmade glass beads to buy. I'm already wanting to go back and have some more fun - maybe I should look into going to their bead making workshop? I could then make some jewellery with beads I had made myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment