About Me

My photo
North West, United Kingdom
I am keen crafter, with a particular fondness for pearls and all things shiny and a dream that one day I might just own that little shop I've always wanted to run. I am forever making something whether it's some cards, jewellery or something knitted... the devil makes work for idle hands, but mine are rarely idle!

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Craft Stash Mission

Like most crafters I hoard and my craft stash is pretty impressive - my little craft room is full of beads, material, wool and paper. I know I should try to buy only what I need, but I see something pretty and have to buy it just in case, despite it's attraction, I forget about it or it's no longer available when I finally think up a project to use it in. As a result my craft stash is taking over. My husband has even noticed the amount I have stashed and he's right - I really should use it up before I buy anymore.

So, I'm on a mission to use up my stash....... then I can buy more! At the moment the first stage of my mission is to use up as much of my bead stash as I can. I've been raiding my gemstone box and have made several items using up gemstones.


Carnelian and Pearl Choker and Earrings:
(available in my newly opened MISI shop - post about this to come!)


Lapis Lazuli, white glass and red seed bead Necklace and earrings:
I'm really pleased with how they all turned out, particulary the bracelet using rose quartz, lapis lazuli and turquoise. I'm also pleased with how I managed to create so many items from my bead stash and not another new purchase in sight! I almost think I deserve to make a new craft purchase, but that would slightly defeat the object of my mission! Rest assured, though, I will be making some new craft purchases, but only when I have made a little more room.

2 comments:

  1. How I love a stash supply! I live by the moto just in case, however, I did do an impressive stash sale recently and earnt myself enough money to buy a fresh new supply of goods... you know what its like, you get bored of looking at the same old stash.

    BTW, I love your rose quartz too, they are all lovely, tho its my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SweetPeaKnits! I am always buying things 'just in case' and some things are just too good not to buy even if I can't think of a project to use them in just yet. I also sold some of my stash - had a major bead sale on Ebay a few months back, but couldn't bare to part for much of it! I get quite attached to my stash!

    ReplyDelete