About Me

My photo
North West, United Kingdom
I am keen crafter, with a particular fondness for pearls and all things shiny and a dream that one day I might just own that little shop I've always wanted to run. I am forever making something whether it's some cards, jewellery or something knitted... the devil makes work for idle hands, but mine are rarely idle!

Friday, 20 February 2009

Knitting for Charity

I am still nursing my sick baby and haven't managed to do anything apart from a few household tasks as I have a sick baby draped across my lap for the most part. I have managed to use my free arm to surf the internet and have found a website about a charity that collects knitted squares to make blankets for children living in poverty around the world. I have lots of wool in my stash and will be knitting up some squares to send. There is a pattern on the website and I reckon it'd take just an evening to knit a square.
http://www.knit-a-square.com/index.html

I hope that others will join me in devoting some crafting time to a worthy cause. If you are able to spare some time and wool, leave a comment below with a pledge saying how many squares you hope to make. It'd also be interesting to learn of other charities that make crafty requests. That's all for now folks - best make the most of my baby sleeping in his cot!

No comments:

Post a Comment